Pumpkin Pecan Pie
1egg, lightly beaten
1 cup solid pack pumpkin
1/3 cup granulated suger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
2/3 cup light corn syrup
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup granulate suger
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecan halfs
For Pumpkin Layer:
Combine egg, pumpkin, sugar, and cinnamon in medium bowl. Spread over bottom of pie shell.
For Pecan Layer:
Combine corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla in same bowl; stir in pecans. Spoon over pumpkin layer. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes or untill filling is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Farmer Jones takes us on an ever changing journey to explore all kinds of Ag related topics. This is an entertaining and insightfully witty feature that will educate and delight audiences of all ages. Farmer Jones will provide a wealth of practical information on home gardening, alternative energy sources, raising farm fresh eggs and much more. He will not only stir up the dust when he gets on his "soap box", he'll stir up some delicious recipes too. Follow Ag Lifestyles and Farmer Jones for exciting and informative field trips to learn about new places and meet fasinating people, without even leaving home.
Garden Pepper Spray:
- 6 Hot Peppers (Habanero)
- 8 cups of Water
- Cheese Cloth
- Spray bottle
1. Roughly chop peppers puree in a blender with 4 cups of water.
2. Strain through cheese cloth to remove any large particles.
3. Add remaining water and let sit over night.
4. Pour into a spray bottle.5. Apply as necessary, before fruit sets every two weeks, or after rain.
Chicken-Egg / Crescent Roll Casserole
- 9 x 13 in. Casserole dish
- 5 Large eggs
- 1 Rotisserie chicken or whole cooked chicken
- 8 oz. Graded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Cans crescent rolls
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease casserole dish. Cover bottom of dish with one can of crescent rolls. Pull the chicken and cube the meat. Evenly distribute the chicken in the dish. Spread graded monetary jack cheese on top of the crescent rolls evenly. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, Parmesan cheese and blend well. Salt and pepper the egg mixture to taste, and pour over the contents of the dish. Lastly, flatten the remaining crescent rolls and cut into 1” strips. Arrange them in a lattice work pattern . Cook on top rack for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Home Made Ice Cream
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of Sugar
- 5 cups of Milk
- 4 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Salt
1. Add sugar to beaten eggs and mix
2. Add remaining ingredients and mix
3. Pour mixture into ice cream freezer and follow manufacturers instructions for operation.